This is a video from the Khan Academy. It shows how data can be read in various way´s. If we read it in one way we get one outcome and if we read it differently we get another outcome.
It is a simple post from web-md, used as an example of the difference between correlation and causality.
So it is no wonder that we get lost sometimes with all the health information. That is why we have to make it matter to us. Take a stand when it comes to our health. We can not take everything we read as the one and only truth. We have to evaluate where it comes from, what the original data is.
(and often we actually have to know sometimes who paid for the research to validate the outcome)
It sure is a jungle out there!
- Khan Academy feature on CBS 60 minutes (boilerbylaws.wordpress.com)
- Khan Academy 60 Minutes Segment (mrpullen.wordpress.com)
- Khan Academy Inspired Flip of Doctor Office Visit (techcrunch.com)
- Education of the Future – Role of Teacher and Technology (4b2012.wordpress.com)
- Khan’s Academy (astewden.wordpress.com)
- Khan Academy (q104.radio.com)
- Khan Academy releases iPad app, mobile education is upon us (venturebeat.com)
- Khan Academy App (igamemom.com)
- A Student’s Perspective on Khan Academy (blendmylearning.com)