If we never fail, we are playing it too safe!
I just love this honest speech from J.K Rowling. And it made me think about the importance of being wrong, failing and not doing what is expected.
I have made desicions that people around me were not too shure about. But the very things that made the biggest impact on my life have been the decisions out of the box. Sometimes I hear the voices in my head say you can´t do that at your age. But surprisingly I can. I thought it would not be possible to study full time, but it was. I thought I was too old to apply for an exchange program but I was not. If I don’t try I will never know!
That Is why it important to embrace mistakes, they are the indicator that says you did at least try.
So keep on trying -and failing, it is the path to individual wisdom in the end.
- JK Rowling: The fringe benefits of failure | Video on TED.com (thinhealthyandlovingit.wordpress.com)
- The Fringe Benefits of Failure, and the Importance of Imagination (J.K.Rowling) (writingtipsforbetterwriting.wordpress.com)
- J. K. Rowling’s 2008 Harvard Commencement Address (jotoddphd.wordpress.com)
- JK Rowling’s Commencement Speech in Harvard (2008) (derdo.wordpress.com)
- Great Artists Steal (ahechoes.wordpress.com)
- Lessons of failure (timesunion.com)
- What I Admire About J.K. Rowling (Hint: It Isn’t Fame) (christyfarmer.wordpress.com)