The best seller, synthetic thyroid hormone
I found it interesting to read in Chris Kresser,article that the 4th highest selling drug in America is a synthetic form of Thyroid hormone. That it is estimated that 20 million Americans have some form of Thyroid imbalance.
The gluten part
Then he goes on in another article about the cconnection between Thyroid imbalance and gluten intolerance
Chris is a licensed acupuncture and practitioner of integrative medicine. His articles are worth reading. The connection between gluten and Thyroid in a country like the US where the diet is practically based on white flour, hence gluten.
It shure made me think
- Hypothyroidism and Nutritional Therapy (eatknowhow.com)
- Chronic Lymphocytic Thyroiditis and Receiving Social Security Disability (socialsecurityhome.com)
- Too little synthroid thyroid hormone (eliaslowery.typepad.com)
- Overactive Thyroid Disease and Receiving Social Security Disability (socialsecurityhome.com)
- Experience with thyroid medication for depression? (Ugh. What have I done by trying this?) (ask.metafilter.com)