Let me tell you about last night
I got to enjoy the summer solstice with a good friend, we met up with a group of women (one man) to celebrate the longest day of the year. We did not take any pictures, therefore I will find a video from a similar dance and try my best to describe the scenario.
We met about six in the evening and danced 5 rhythm dance till about nine. We did the wave of dance Gabrielle Roth style. Then there was time for food and togetherness. It was just wonderful.
Here is a video explaining and showing the 5 rhythms of dance;
This is what I did last night, loosen up, totally. Barefoot outside on the ground with a BIG group of people that are just like me, looking inwards in the midst of the material world. We were surrounded by the Icelandic nature and the midnight sun. The rain made the senses dance too. The scent from the birch is unforgettable!
It was lovely and I am THANKFUL for the beautiful moment.
- Thousands mark summer solstice (independent.co.uk)
- Summer solstice: Facts about the longest day of the year (columbiamissourian.com)
- Summer Solstice- It’s the longest Day of the Year (thehiltonburnellfiles.wordpress.com)
- Picturing Summer, a Solstice Celebration (tor.com)
- Summer Solstice 2012 and Trump XIII (jameswells.wordpress.com)
- Happy First Day of Summer! Here’s How to Celebrate the Solstice in Burien (b-townblog.com)
- The Summer Solstice arrives tomorrow! But what is it? (fox41blogs.typepad.com)
- Summer Solstice Draws Crowd At Riverside Park (kake.com)
- Summer Solstice: 8 Sunny Ways to Celebrate (livescience.com)
- Summer Solstice (yardcrap.typepad.com)